Lilly Foundation Scholarship
The Lilly Endowment Community Scholarship Program seeks to increase the number of Indiana residents who hold college degrees. Unity Foundation of La Porte County recommends applicants to Independent Colleges of Indiana, which is funded by Lilly Endowment Inc., to award full-tuition scholarships to outstanding La Porte County students.
The 2017-2018 Lilly Endowment Scholarship will open in Summer 2017. Applications will be due in late August on a date to be determined. See the full timeline below.
Receiving the Lilly Endowment Community Scholarship is a privilege and an honor for a student that far exceeds its monetary value. Therefore, the Scholarship Selection Committee, comprised of volunteers from throughout the county, will seek to select the two most outstanding La Porte County students among those who apply. Service to others, demonstrated leadership, and academic performance are key. Commitment, employment history, and financial need will also be considered in the selection process. Applications are reviewed in a blind process (names are removed beforehand). Finalists are then selected for a personal interview. Committee members sign confidentiality agreements, and all information from the applications is kept in the strictest of confidence.
2017-2018 Award Notification Timeline
- Spring: Unity receives confirmation that the Lilly Program is approved to continue.
- By Mid July: Lilly Scholarship application available online.
- By Late August: Lilly Scholarship application must be fully submitted by 11:59 p.m. CST.
- By Mid October 2017: Finalists selected for interviews will be notified. Applicants not selected as finalists will also be notified.
- By End of October 2017: Interviews will be conducted with finalists.
- By Mid December 2017: Finalists will be notified of the selection results.
- By March 1, 2018: Recipients must determine the college or university he/she will attend.