Lilly Foundation Scholarship
The Lilly Endowment Community Scholarship Program seeks to increase the number of Indiana residents who hold college degrees. Unity Foundation of La Porte County recommends applicants to Independent Colleges of Indiana, which is funded by Lilly Endowment Inc., to award full-tuition scholarships to outstanding La Porte County students.
Receiving the Lilly Endowment Community Scholarship is a privilege and an honor for a student that far exceeds its monetary value. Therefore, the Scholarship Selection Committee, comprised of volunteers from throughout the county, will seek to select the two most outstanding La Porte County students among those who apply. Service to others, demonstrated leadership, and academic performance are key. Commitment, employment history, and financial need will also be considered in the selection process. Applications are reviewed in a blind process (names are removed beforehand). Finalists are then selected for a personal interview. Committee members sign confidentiality agreements, and all information from the applications is kept in the strictest of confidence.
2021 Award Notification Timeline
- Spring: Unity receives confirmation that the Lilly Program is approved to continue.
- August 2020: Lilly Scholarship application available online.
- September 6, 2020: Application is due
- October 2020: Finalists notified
- October 2020: Interviews will be conducted with finalist
- December 2020: Recipients are notified (all Finalist notified of outcome)
- May 2021: Recipients must determine Indiana college/university they will attend.