Lilly Endowment Community Scholarship Program
The Lilly Endowment Community Scholarship Program seeks to increase the number of Indiana residents who hold college degrees. Unity Foundation of La Porte County recommends applicants to Independent Colleges of Indiana, which is funded by Lilly Endowment Inc., to award full-tuition scholarships to outstanding La Porte County students.
Receiving the Lilly Endowment Community Scholarship is a privilege and an honor that far exceeds its monetary value. Therefore, the Scholarship Selection Committee, comprised of volunteers from throughout La Porte County, will seek to select the two most outstanding students among those who apply. Service to others, demonstrated leadership, and academic performance are key. Commitment, employment history, and financial need will also be considered in the selection process. Applications are reviewed in a blind process (names are removed beforehand). Finalists are then selected for a personal interview. Committee members sign confidentiality agreements, and all information from the applications is kept in the strictest of confidence.
- Mid-August 2021: Lilly Scholarship application available online
- September 10, 2021: Application due
- October 2021: Finalists notified and interviewed; applicants not selected as finalists also notified
- December 2021: Recipients are notified (all finalists notified of outcome)
- March 1, 2022: Recipients must determine Indiana college/university they will attend.