Receiving the Lilly Endowment Community Scholarship is a privilege and an honor that far exceeds its monetary value. Therefore, the Scholarship Selection Committee, comprised of volunteers from throughout La Porte County, will seek to select the two most outstanding students among those who apply. Service to others, demonstrated leadership, and academic performance are key. Commitment, employment history, and financial need will also be considered in the selection process. Applications are reviewed in a blind process (names are removed beforehand). Finalists are then selected for a personal interview.
To be eligible for this scholarship, applicants must
- reside in La Porte County
- graduate by June 30, 2024, from an accredited Indiana high school serving La Porte County
- intend to pursue a full-time baccalaureate course of study beginning in the fall of 2024 at any public or private college or university in Indiana that is accredited by the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools;
- have a GPA (unweighted) of at least 3.75 as of the beginning of their senior year of high school
- submit a complete application by the deadline